Gumboot Kids love to be out exploring in nature no matter the weather. Beauty is all around us and you never know what interesting discoveries you will find. When you have finished exploring, sometimes it's nice to enjoy a warming treat. Hot chocolate tastes even better outside.
Let's make ourselves some healthy hot chocolate and settle in with Scout to solve The Case of the Storybook in the Sky.
MAKE YOUR OWN HOT CHOCOLATE
(invite a grown up to help you)
- 2 cups Milk of your choice (dairy or non-dairy)
- 2 tbsp Honey or Agave
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
3 tbsp Cocoa powder
1/4 cup Water
How to make it:
- Place cocoa powder, honey, water and cinnamon in a pan and heat over over medium heat.
- Whisk the ingredients together until smooth .
- Add a little bit of the milk and whisk it in. Once it is mixed in, gently add the remainder of the 2 cups of milk.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat until as hot as you would like it (be careful that it does not boil.)
- Pour into thermos, head outside and enjoy with a friend!
Imagine that you are under a winter night's sky right now. Can you see the stars in you mind's eye? Can you connect them to make constellations? CLICK HERE for a printable so you can draw what you imagine. Share a picture on Facebook or Instagram tagging @Gumbootkids & use #GumbootKids.
Scout's Mindful Moment...
“The next time you’re under the stars lay down and look up at the sky. Look very closely. What do you see? Use your imagination. The universe is so vast it makes you feel like anything is possible. What story will you create?”